News & Press
Customer Safety – Coronavirus
March 14th 2020
We at Zedcarz take Customer Safety very seriously.
The current situation with Coronavirus is at the top of everyone mind and discussion. We at Zedcarz understand the seriousness of this situation and within our organisation, we are doing all that we can to ensure customer safety.
What we are doing and advising our driver to ensure your safety.
Good hygiene – and Minimal Contact
- Avoid direct contact with other people and their belongings. Not the easiest thing to do when you’re ferrying people around. However, We try and position passengers as far away from direct contact as possible during your journey. If we handle bags or goods, we use a tissue when picking up handles, and make sure we wipe our hands with a clean wipe or tissue afterwards.
- Wash your hands. The most widely promoted thing to do to avoid the virus spreading is to thoroughly wash your hands, for at least 20 seconds, on a frequent basis. However, when you’re in a cab all day, this isn’t so easy to do – and you’ll be handling money, too… Where possible we carry antibacterial gel and wipes and use them before and after handling. We dispose of wipes carefully whenever possible, in-between journeys.
- We have a supply of tissues in your cab. They are useful for you and us, to catch coughs and sneezes. (Catch it, Bin it, Kill it).
- Don’t touch your face. We advise when you’re driving a Private Hire Minicab. To keep your hands on the wheel and be concentrating on the road, so you’re less likely to be engaged in compulsive, unnecessary touching of your face. However, if you need to adjust your glasses or contain an itch, grab a tissue before doing so.
- Be friendly and polite with passengers. If a passenger shows signs of illness, make sure they follow basic hygiene rules in place for everybody. Hand them tissues and wipes if needed. Ask them to contain coughs and sneezes. The last thing we want is to become ill and possibly spread illness to other passengers – so we will communicate this to you. Please do not be offended when your driver requests this of you.
- Vehicle Cleaning. We will ensure and clean our vehicle several time per week to ensure minimising contamination.
- Driver Training. We have already provided driver training in containment and risk assessment. to ensure that we continue to provide a safe and comfortable service to you.
We have been servicing you for over 35 years in a safe, protected and comfortable way.
We intend to continue with our quality Service