News & Press
Keeping Cool on A Summers Day – Our Top Tips
August 1st 2016
We know everyone loves a warm summers day, but sometimes the heat can get too much!
Whether you’re going abroad or staying in the UK, it’s important to keep cool. But how? We’ve put together a list of top tips to help keep you cool during these hot summer months. Oh and when you’re out and about and require air-conditioned, comfortable private hire or need an airport transfer, opt for ZedCarz!
- Choose loose, cotton clothing, as the natural material helps keep you cool when it matters. Wearing tight clothing is a bad idea as anything clinging to your body in the sweltering heat will make you feel very uncomfortable.
- Stick to bright, light colours. Avoid dark colours – especially black, as they absorb heat. The bri
ghter and lighter colours will reflect heat and light helping to stay cooler.
- Be careful with sportswear. Tight gym clothing is a bad idea in the heat, but some types of sportswear is ideal for the hot day. Football type tops, for example, often boast properties that help keep you cool, as the material is designed to help make athletes/footballers feel more comfortable when running around.
- Drink lots of water. This may seem obvious, but keeping hydrated is one of the most important things you can do. It helps keep you cool, alert and reduces tiredness.
- Change your bedding at home. Opt for cotton bedding as the material helps keep you cooler. Synthetic materials such as polyester are the ones to avoid. Pillowcases should be natural down material filling with cotton covers in order to keep you as cool as possible at night.
- Spicy food can make you sweat and therefore keep you cool. We know this probably wouldn’t be too appealing, but it’s worth considering.
- Avoiding large meals is also a wise idea, as you body produces heat when you digest a large meal. Instead, opt for smaller, more frequent meals to keep cool.
- Your in Spain, it’s boiling hot and you need a quick way to cool down. Getting in the pool is one idea, depending on the temperature of the water obviously, but why not nip back to your room for a cold shower or bath? It’s proven to make you feel cool and refreshed.
- If you’re at home, close the blinds and curtains early in the day, perhaps before you leave for work. On your return home, you’ll find the house nice and cool.
- A cooling spray can make you feel more comfortable on a hot day in an instant. Keep one in your bag when out for the day or on holiday.
- Travel in air-conditioned vehicles, or at least have the window open. All ZedCarz private hire vehicles are air conditioned. We avoid having the windows down as this is noisy and uncomfortable for our passengers, so we make use of air conditioning technology to keep you cool and comfortable on a hot summers day.
Whether you’re going abroad and require London Airport Transfers, either Airport transfers to Gatwick or Airport Transfers to Heathrow, ZedCarz is at your service. We also offer a London and Surrey private hire taxi service, and remember, our vehicles are cool and air conditioned, keeping you nice and comfortable on a hot summers day.