News & Press
Tips for an Extra Special Fathers Day: Where to go
June 14th 2016
Sunday 19th of June this year marks Fathers Day. It is a day to honor Dad; fathers and father figures, including grandfathers and fathers-in-law. You really should treat them like a king all year round, but Fathers Day is extra special.
On Fathers Day, spending time with your Dad – or father figures – is important. With so much going on in London, there are many ways to treat him. We’ve put together a list of ideas.
For The Active & Outdoors Dads
There’s so much to see and do in London if you’re active and love the outdoors.
- Speedboat rides on the Thames are exhilirating and great fun. You can take a ride from many places including the likes of Kingston upon-Thames, which is close to our base in Tolworth.
- Take a walk through the beautiful Kew Gardens. Richmond Park is lovely, and the green spaces around London Zoo are attractive.
- On that note – and with the warmer weather – how about some time at ZLS London Zoo. For something even more adventurous, try snorkeling with sharks at Sea Life London.
The Sporty Ones
London is the sporting capital. The national football team stadium is in London, as well as manys succesful football teams. Whether he enjoys playing or watching sport, there’s something for everyone.
- The Euros is on, and will still be on this Sunday June 19th. Switzerland play hosts France, and Romania take on Albania. If watching football is his thing, a simple trip to the pub to watch the games – with a few drinks – may be his idea of a good Fathers Day.
- If those European Championship games are of no real interest, book a stadium tour at one of London’s iconic sporting venues. Wembley Stadium being the most famous.
- If he’s active as well as a sports lover, why don’t you go for a kick about in the park or play a game of tennis. For something different, a trip to the snooker hall for a few frames offers a great alternative.
Those Who Love Food
London is blessed with historic pubs, riverside bars and beer gardens.
- There’s nothing better than a pint or cocktail in the sun.
- Afternoon tea is a great option. Cakes, scones.. oh and tea!
- A meal out with all the family is a great Fathers Day celebration. But remember, so many people go for meals out on Fathers Day so booking a table at his favourite restaurant in advance is essential.
It’s always nice to buy him gifts on Fathers Day – even if he can be a tricky customer!
- For those of you who struggle to find the right gifts to buy, just take the man in question along to help you. Shopping in London is a dream with so many places worthy of your time and money.
- Regent Street shopping is famous but there are just too many cool shopping places to list. If you prefer indoor shopping, Westfields shopping centre is the place to be.
Museums, History & Things To Do
As well as world class shopping facilities, bars and restaurants and culture, London has a rich variety of museums and historical sites for curious minds, as well as places for a fun day out.
- The National History Museum in Kensington is an amazing place to visit. The museum is comprehensive and an essential visit. Also in Kensington is the home of world famous music venue, the Royal Albert Hall.
- Miltary History at HMS Belfast, The London Transport Museum, The Tower of London are all interesting places to visit.
- A trip to Madame Tussaudes is less intense and may be of real interest.
- London boasts the National Gallery and the Tate Modern. London has a variety of worthy art galleries to visit.
- London’s West End theatre is world renowned. See what’s on and book tickets to a show. Why not see The Jersey Boys or The Phantom of the Opera?
- The circus, Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre and Regent’s Park Open Air Theatre are great alternatives.
Don’t Forget to Arrange Transport!
Dad may be your number one taxi, but it’s time to give him a break! Wherever you decide to go and whatever you decide to do, travel in a reliable, comfortable, ZedCarZ Taxi. Call 0208 330 3300 to book in advance as demand is high.